Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January Stitching and stuff

January stitching has been a bit slow so far this month.  I did complete a Shepherds Bush - Sunflower Summer before I started a new project - shocker there!  


This is Sunflower Summer by Shepherds Bush.  I decided to finish it before I started the new year long stitch a long - I work better on a reward basis... But, I have Spring at the framer now, Halloween is done and Autumn is on the floor stand rotation with winter and Christmas to follow.  I currently have three pieces in the floor stand rotation, they are each on scroll rods and we had bought a new pillow that came in a zipped, plastic on one side case/cover where I store the projects so I have them handy to switch out.  Since the other two projects are bigger, I like to have the smaller one to feel a sense of accomplishment. I have a spot next to the front door that is perfect for these small samplers so I plan on just rotating the seasons.  I like the challenge of the specialty stitches and I think they're cute too.
This is my progress on Serenity Harbour year long stitch a long by By the Bay Needlearts.  This is upside down but I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.  I opted to use only stash to stitch this and have added satin stitches for the sun... we'll see what other specialty stitches I add to it.


Miss Thing got a Red Heart Knitting machine for Christmas... as much as she loves it now, trying to figure out how to make it was a royal pain in the ...  The instructions were crap, all they said was to thread the machine and start cranking away... yeah, right!  I looked at what was coming out and it would have unraveled before we even took it off the machine.  So, off to youtube I went and found a video that explained that the first round you (the human machine) have to put the thread over and under the teeth for the first round.  

We finally figured it out but Miss Thing would stop to do something and rather than crank clockwise, she'd go counter clockwise... I think we pulled it out 4 times because its not easy to fix before she figured it out.  But then when she went home, I realized that she had done it again so this time (without the pressure to fix it NOW), I pulled out my crochet hook and fixed it so she doesn't have to start over.

Miss Thing is getting a pair of pajamas that matches her doll.  She picked out the flannel and I found the knit for leggings.  I've not sewn doll clothes before but I'm going to give it a shot.

I was hoping to get the old Disney Princess pattern when it was on sale but they were gone.  I will watch for it because I would like to make Snow White for her too.


2 comments: